LAOYOU TEA respects your right to privacy in the online world when you use our website and when you visit our boutique. This Notice explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you.
We take data protection very seriously and are committed to the protection of your personal data. We comply with the legal requirements of the data protection provisions that are applicable, including the Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) and the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR).
Please note that we may amend this privacy notice from time to time, by posting the amended version on our website. We therefore recommend that you consult this privacy notice regularly.
What personal information do we collect?
When registering on our website as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, contact information including email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, banking details, date of birth, geo-location, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register or enter information on our website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or use certain other website features in the following ways:
- To provide our e-commerce and in store services;
- To personalize your experience;
- To improve our website in order to better serve you;
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests;
- For marketing, statistical and data combination purposes;
- To send promotional emails about our products and special offers.
How long do we store your information?
We will store your personal information until it is no longer needed to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected or as otherwise required or permitted by law. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your personal information or, if this is not possible, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from further use until deletion is possible. We may dispose
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer/phone warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make our services more efficient may not function properly.
Here are the cookies that we use:
Cookie name Purpose of the cookie
Google Tag Manager Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website
Google Optimize Google Optimize allows you to test variants of web pages and see how they perform against an objective that you specify. It monitors the performance of your experiment and tells you which variant is best.
As the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our sites and any such transmission is at your own risk. However, we maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures, including performing regular self-assessments, to prevent unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal information. We limit access to personal information and require that employees authorized to access personal information maintain the confidentiality of that information.
You are responsible for any third-party personal information obtained, published or shared to us and confirm that you have the third party’s consent to provide the information.
Third-party links and content
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Your data protection rights – controlling your personal information
The applicable data protection provisions give you specific rights that help you be in control of your personal data and we want to make it easy for you to exercise these rights. Below you will find more information about your rights and how we work to fulfill these. You can exercise any of your rights in relation to the data that we hold about you, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we rely on your consent to process your personal data (for example when you save details in your account for future use), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the abovementioned email address. We will respect your choice and stop further processing your data; however, any use of your data before you withdraw consent will not be affected.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Sharing personal data
We may also some of your personal data with, or obtain your personal data from, the following categories of third parties:
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies and regulators when this is necessary to provide our service or is required by law.
- Suppliers providing services to us in order to help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience. We may for example disclose your information to the companies who help us get your feedback on our services or the company that provides IT support to us.
- We select very carefully our suppliers who process your personal data on our behalf and require that they comply with high security standards for the protection of your personal data.
- Credit and debit card companies and our banking partners. We share some of your personal data, which includes information about your method of payment, and in some cases your names and address, to the credit or debit card company that issued the card you use and to other banking partners.
In addition, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Our Privacy Notice is a dynamic tool and we will modify it when there is a change to the way we process your data. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, to ensure that the information we provide to you is up to date and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. Any new version of this Notice will be published on our website.